Vegan spring wraps are the perfect addition to your spring detox regimen. They are light and refreshing, easy to make, and taste wonderful on a warm spring day. What’s more, you can customize this recipe so everyone in your family will love it!
Optional lettuce wrap ingredients
- Lettuce cups (Use whole lettuce leaves like butter lettuce, romaine, or collard greens)
- Carrot (sliced lengthwise or shredded)
- Cucumber (sliced lengthwise)
- Quinoa (cooked)
- Purple cabbage (shredded)
- Optional protein like cooked chicken or shrimp (for non-vegan spring wraps)
Directions: Start with your lettuce cup and fill with optional ingredients. Top with zesty ginger-peanut sauce (recipe below). 2-4 lettuce cups per person.
Zesty ginger-peanut sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened peanut butter
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 inch ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup coconut water (or regular water)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- salt to taste
Directions: Add all ingredients to a blender and blend! If the mixture is too thick add more water until it is a creamy consistency that you can easily drizzle over your spring rolls.