American Diabetes Month is a time to raise awareness of diabetes prevention and control. In the United States, more than 25 million people are living with diabetes and 79 million more are at risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Over time, if it’s not controlled, type 2 diabetes can cause serious health problems like heart disease, stroke, and blindness. You may be at risk for type 2 diabetes if you:
- Are age 45 or older
- Are overweight
- Have a parent, brother, or sister with diabetes
- Are African American, Hispanic or Latino American
- Are American Indian, Asian American, or Pacific Islander
- Have had diabetes during pregnancy (gestational diabetes)
- Have had a baby with a birth weight of more than 9 pounds
- Have high blood pressure or cholesterol
- Exercise less than 3 times a week
You can do a lot to lower your chances of getting type 2 diabetes by:
- Watching your weight
- Eating healthy
- Staying active
Support Diabetes Naturally
Support or help prevent diabetes with natural supplements
Balance blood sugar and burn fats naturally. Balance and Burn® contains a botanical blend of all natural ingredients to help support insulin levels and a healthy thyroid. Click here for more details.
The Ultra-Nutrition Shake™ is a perfect meal-in-a-glass for those with diabetes or those who simply want great nutrition. It is all natural, whole food, and rich in antioxidants. Click here for more details.
To celebrate American Diabetes Awareness Month, use the coupon code CYBER13 to receive 15% off your order at NWCnaturals.com from November 28 to December 3, 2013!
For more information, check out the following links: