A squeeze of citrus can do wonders to a glass of ice water, a cup of hot tea, or over grilled fish and veggies. Citrus is known for providing a healthy dose of Vitamin C and plenty of antioxidants to fight free radicals. But did you know citrus fruits also help with a number of other things? Below are all the reasons you should start adding citrus fruits to your nutrition program.
- Citrus fruits contain an average of 30-50 mg of Vitamin C per serving
- Research shows that Vitamin C can help shorten the duration of colds
- Promotes fresh and glowing skin
- Prevent wrinkles and dry skin
- Helps your body absorb iron and produce red blood cells
- Maintain a healthy immune system
- Support weight loss and curb appetite