As the largest area of the body, the skin is the first line of defense for the body’s immune system. The skin is nourished by very small capillaries which carry blood to its surface. Immune system cells can be “nourished” by applying msm lotion directly to the skin.
MSM is one-third sulfur, which has a reputation for being nature’s “beauty mineral.” The sulfur amino acid cystine helps strengthen keratin, the protein found in skin, hair, and nails. Sulfur is known to keep the hair healthy and the complexion youthful.
This DIY exfoliating recipe contains all natural ingredients that are safe for sensitive skin. Not only does it smell like a day at the spa, but it also contains ingredients that are gentile and nourishing.
How to exfoliate with MSM
In a dish, mix:
- 1 part Ultra-Pure MSM™ Powder
- 2 parts Ultra-Pure MSM™ Lotion
- Optional: 2 drops of lavender (or your favorite essential oil)
- With your fingers, combine all ingredients in a bowl until you form a paste.
- After showering, apply the mixture to your face and body, massaging it into the skin. For a super moisturizing mask, leave the mixture on your skin for 5 minutes, then rinse and towel dry.
For more tips to nourishing your skin from the inside out, read How to get glowing summer skin.