There are two main types of digestive enzymes:
- Animal based
- Vegetarian based
So what’s the difference, and why do we ONLY offer vegetarian digestive enzymes at NWC Naturals®?
Animal based (non-vegetarian) enzymes
If the ingredients list on your enzyme product contains the words “pancreatin” or “pancri-” you have an animal based enzyme.
What you should know about animal (pancreas) based enzymes:
- Pancreatic based enzymes are made from the pancreas of pigs and cows
- The enzymes contained in the pancreas of pigs and cows are so similar to those in your pancreas that your body will virtually stop manufacturing enzymes causing dependence on the enzyme product for life
- Pancreatic enzymes may cause side effects like irritated skin, vomiting, diarrhea, hives, seizures, and coma
Plant based enzymes
If the ingredients list on your enzyme product contains words such as “amylase”, “protease”, or “lipase”, you havet a plant based enzyme.
What you should know about plant based enzymes:
- Plant enzymes are derived from plants or selected microorganisms by the process of natural fermentation
- There are no known side effects of vegetarian enzymes and there is no upper dosing limit
- Plant based enzymes activate immediately in the upper stomach and continue working through the entire digestive track
- Your body will not become dependent on vegetarian enzymes and you can safely stop taking them at any time
Why Ultra-Enzyme Support® is the best enzyme
Ultra-Enzyme Support® contains 16 different vegetarian digestive enzymes that work at different pH ranges in your system. It is completely safe, non-habit forming, and contains no fillers.
Ultra-Enzyme Support® does not contain any chemicals, gluten, dairy, eggs, preservatives, corn, artificial coloring or flavoring. It is Non-GMO. All NWC Naturals® products are made and bottled in the USA.