With all of the stress placed on the body during the Winter season from over eating and consuming fatty and processed foods, it can be easy to see why one may decide to make some changes beginning January. While getting started may be the hardest part, below we make it easy for you, with suggestions and tips about how to start a detox.
Why Detox the Liver?
Your liver is the foremost important organ to detox. The liver has many functions including detoxing the blood, producing bile, regulating blood sugar, metabolizing nutrients, enhancing immunity, storing vitamins, and lubricating stools. In addition, the liver metabolizes carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. Since the liver is connected to almost all bodily functions, keeping the liver healthy and clean is of the utmost importance.
How To Detox
Detoxing the liver is the perfect start to any diet. Follow these simple steps for a clean liver and healthy body:
1) Take A Daily Detox Supplement
- Increase your body’s ability to absorb nutrients
- Promote healthy cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Purify your blood
- Detoxify and rejuvenate your body
- Strengthen your liver and allow it to function at its utmost efficiency
2) Stick To Organic
It is important to consume foods that are organically grown while on a detox. The liver is an organ that detoxifies chemicals and therefore eating organically grown foods you’ll reduce your exposure to agricultural chemicals, and allow your liver to rejuvenate.
3) Load Up On Veggies
Keep your liver nourished! Try eating three to eight servings of vegetables on a daily basis. The best veggies for the liver are leafy greens such as kale, chard, collards, beets and beet greens, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, collard greens, and brussel sprouts.
Tip: Try adding some fresh dandelion or chicory leaves to a salad to help support and detoxify the liver.
4) Drink Tons of Water
Replace any soda, juice, coffee, or alcohol with clean water. Getting enough water in your system is important for detoxification, as it’s the water that will flush out many of the toxins.
Tip: Drink warm water with freshly squeezed lemon juice first thing in the morning to flush out the liver and gall bladder.
5) Get Enough Fiber
Increase your intake of high-fiber foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain breads, rice and cereals. Fiber will promote healthy bowel movements, thus eliminating toxins thoroughly.
Tip: Pears, apples and oats are super-nutritious and high in fiber
6) Know The Facts
Following are a few other tips to help you take your detox to the next level!
- Limit your fat intake. There is a limit to the total amount of fat that your liver can process while maintaining all of its other metabolic activities
- To support your liver’s immune function, try to include spices like turmeric and cinnamon
- Minimize your consumption of smoked, cured and salted foods, including deli lunch meat
- Add super antioxidants to your diet like Rooibos Tea. It’s all natural, caffeine free, and can help enhance the detox process
Shop for Transfer-Tox™