This pasta dish is so simple to make and tastes fabulous when served chilled on a warm summer’s day. While this recipe may not support a ketogenic-style diet it is deliciously rich in carbohydrates which may aid in probiotic colonization and support gut health.
- Your choice of pasta (I love whole wheat spaghetti but you can also choose a GF option)
- Grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half lengthwise
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Lemon zest and juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Strain, and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, finely chop garlic (2-4 cloves) and saute for 1-2 minutes in olive oil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prep olives and tomatoes. Chop parsley. Zest 1 lemon. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients with cooked pasta. Add a drizzle or two of extra virgin olive oil to coat and add a pop of flavor. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon over everything and toss to combine.
- Serve at room temperature or chill in refrigerator 1 hour before serving.
Hint: Pair this with your favorite chilled white wine on a warm summer’s day!